Adventures

Friday, March 4, 2011

Trevi Fountain

After a delicious lunch, we headed to the famous Trevi Fountain. It was a beautiful fountain and something you would see at Las Vegas but the real deal. There were lots of tourists and people making wishes. To make a wish at the Trevi Fountain you turn your back to it and throw a coin over your left shoulder (in the video it's over my right which I didn't know at the time it had to be your left, so I did a retake) and make a wish. When you do this, not only does your wish come true (I think it has to be a love wish) but also that you will return to Rome. So Rome, I will see you again. After the Trevi Fountain, Sarah and I went to a Gelato place Rick Steves suggested and it was deliciouso. I had a white chocolate meringue gelato (yes it was as good as it sounded). We decided to head back to the Trevi Fountain and people watch. It was so interesting to watch not only the tourists but the sneaky coin thieves! What they do is they walk around the fountain and stand inbetween a lot of people (to cover them). They glance around to make sure no police are watching and they look for a coin. Then in their hand they have a magnetic stick and place it in the water and TAKE THE COIN! ugh they are wish stealers. Also there are men walking around with cameras asking you if you would like them to take a picture of you by the fountain for $$$. In Rome, they try to sell tourists anything and everything. We saw a man selling these junk squishy balls you slam on the ground for 3-5Euros and he made probably around 20 Euros in 5 minutes. I guess they know when to take advantage of opportunities from tourists. I always love people watching and excited to see if my wish comes true. See you again Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment