Adventures

Sunday, October 10, 2010

What do you mean you don't party with A list celebrities?


Last weekend, I hung out with a super nice couple I met in Venice at the train station. They were heading to Budapest and then made a stop in Prague for the weekend. And just to tell you what a small world it is...in Budapest, they met the students from University of Redlands studying abroad in Salzburg who were also traveling in Budapest. WEIRD! There names were Jessie and Nathan. They are from Seattle, Washington and traveling together for 2 months. We (Sarka and I) met up with them on Sunday after our tennis lesson and had dinner together. We ate at Bohemian Bagel because it is home away from home. Inexpensive and all the comfort food you can want. They serve pancakes, omelets, salads, sandwiches, burgers, bagels with cream cheese, and desserts. It's owned by an American so it pretty much feels like home. After we ate our delicious dinner, we decided to take a tour of Old Town and the castle. We had Sarka explain things here and there and joked how she should start her own business, "Sarka tours". We walked across the Charles Bridge where I pointed out the statue you touch for good luck. The story behind the statue is that the King demanded to know what the Queen's confessions were from the Priest. Well the Priest would not tell the King her confessions so the King had him thrown off the Charles Bridge. So you see a statue depicting that image of a Priest being thrown off the bridge. You can not miss this statue because most tourists are touching the statue and the part is SHINY gold where the rest of the statue is dirty brown. So we ALL touched the statue. I also made sure we did it correctly where we can only make one wish and you MUST touch the statue with your LEFT HAND! A ton of people were touching it with their right hand and basically I think it's bad luck or your wish doesnt come true. This is all according to Samantha Brown so whatever she says it must be true.
Then we walked up the hill to the castle. It was nice because it was empty, no tourists, and you get to see a different aspect of the castle and the city all lit up. There of course was the soliders outside and I am still terrified of them. To refresh your memory, I was doing a "kiss pose" and the solider unfroze and shoved me a few feet back. I am scarred for life. When I was back I was walking through the first two guards trying to play it SUPER cool. Well I see the solider to the right is frozen but his eyes were following me!! And no not the hey I'm checking you out eyes but I'm watching you ALISON LAVINE! So when I would see them march through the square to switch guards, I hide in the far opposite corner. Sarka though just walks right through the changing of the guards like it aint no thing. Man that's guts.
Then Nathan wanted to watch NFL football and had a coupon for buy one beer get one beer free at the Dubliner. We enjoyed our beers and good conversation when Nathan says, "Is that the guy from Hurt Locker?" I didn't see the movie so I had no clue but I lean over the corner and FOR SURE I have seen that guy and is a celebrity. It was Jeremy Renner who was in Hurt Locker, Swat, and few other TV shows and movies. So I walked up to him and his friend and asked, "Are you from the Hurt Locker" (I didnt know his name at the time) and he was like yes and so I waved my friends it was him and we asked for a picture. He said, "why dont you all have a seat and have a few beers with me. We had beers, tequila shots, jager shots,...basically the man likes to drink. Of course, the only time I party with a celebrity I am wearing sweats, baggy t-shirt, messy hair, no make up, and tennis shoes. I met his friend/coworker who trains celebrities how to fight and also is a stunt double. He is a huge adrenaline junkie and neat to talk to him. They are here for a month shooting Mission Impossible 4. I asked if Jeremy was a bad guy but they said they cant tell me. I'm sure with a few more shots I'd get it out of him. Sarka was so hilarious because she didn't know who he was, so while Jessie and I are super shy Sarka is chatting away with Jeremy. He was totally into Sarka but also all the other women in the bar. He loves the ladies. Interesting being around celebrity because they have this demeanor that just screams I'm am so much better than you. But I must say he is a super cool guy and getting free alcohol made him alright on my list. There was a Stag party (British Bachelor Party) and some drunken men recognized him from Swat. I dont think he likes being noticed so he invited us to come along to the next bar. We went to the bar called Coyotes which is just like the movie where they dance on the bar. We got this huge pitcher full of red bull and vodka with longgggg straws. I was having a great time and telling Jessie and Nathan that we party with A list celebrities all the time here. We all couldn't believe this and how many times in a persons life can you be part of a celebrities entourage for a night! Unfortunately, I had work the next morning and left around 11:30pm. Sarka and I were on cloud nine of how awesome our day was. By far the best night in Prague yet!
The next day in the train station, they were shooting a movie and I stopped and got excited thinking it's Mission Impossible 4 and I'd see a Tom Cruise sighting or my buddy Jeremy Renner. I don't think it was Mission Impossible because they were Nazi's and dressed up during WW2 time. Mission Impossible 4 wont be out til 2012 but you know I AM GOING THE Day IT COMES OUT!
This message will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2,1...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment