Adventures

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Back to Barcelona

We left back for Barcelona that Friday and sadly left Begur. The drive back was a lot less stressful since we just had to go the way we came.
We arrived back in Barcelona and back at the same hostel off Ramblas. We decided to go to the farmers market again for lunch and go to a place Rick Steve's suggest. Pinotxo Bar. I LOVED IT! It is run by a 76 year old man and his sons are the chefs. He is famous as a chef and his hospitality at his walk up restaurant. He does his signature two thumbs up with a big smile. Then he asks what you want and you simply reply, "What's good today?". Amazing food comes out of that kitchen. I had delicious toasts with ham, cheese, fresh clams, chikpeas, and Chucha (which is a fried dough covered in sugar YUM). He was so friendly we ate all our meals at his little stand.
We went then to the Picasso Museum and saw the life of Picasso and his amazing works of art. It was interesting to see how he began as a more realist painter (very good) and now how he is the king of abstract art. We really enjoyed his museum.
We then went to a place that Rick Steve's recommended for hot chocolate and churros. The hot chocolate was so thick that my spoon was tough to push through. Then I would dip the hot churro into the hot chocolate and don't need me to explain how great that was, I think I made you jealous enough.
To conclude our trip to Barcelona, we sat on the harbor and enjoyed the views. I got to thinking, Barcelona is very very similar to California. It was also comforting to hear Spanish since I am used to it back home. I think I have picked up more Spanish in one week than Czech where I have been there for 9 months! As I said, Czech is a very difficult language as I recently just learned how to count to 10!
I loved loved loved Spain and had a magical time. I can see why so many of you voted for me to go to Spain this spring break! Great suggestion and if you haven't been, that should be your next vacation!
Thanks for reading about my trip to Spain! Next stop.....SWEDEN to visit my good friend Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment