Adventures

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Begur, I love you

We slept with our windows open to hear the ocean waves crashing. Woke up to a beautiful sunrise and headed to breakfast. The buffet was included in my room and it was a very generous buffet. We had hot food, fruits, coffee, pasteries, cereal, teas, fresh juice...it was a breakfast for a king. We filled our bellies and headed back to the room to get our swimsuit on.
We walked along the trail of the beach and had spectacular look outs. Sarka was getting tired of me asking her to take my picture all the time, or stopping to take loads of pictures. I told her I wanted them for a screensaver it was so pretty. We found the beach to lay on and just soaked up the sun. The beach was beautiful, however, the water was FREEZING! It didn't stop Sarka, she went in a few times! Brrr... We did that til early afternoon then headed back to the hotel where we wanted to play tennis.
Sarka and I played for an hour (not competitively as she would whoop my butt) and had a blast. We knew our tennis instructor Marek would be so proud.
That evening we went back to our balcony (favorite spot) and drank some wine and made our ham sandwiches. We were excited because that night, Barcelona was playing Madrid and it was a huge soccer match. We watched it on TV.
In the middle of the night, I woke up and saw how bright the stars were. I got up and deliriously walked to the balcony. Wow! I can't remember the last time I saw all those stars before. I thought to myself, "I am in heaven here in Begur".

No comments:

Post a Comment