Adventures

Friday, August 12, 2011

Never goodbye but see you soon

The moment has arrived when it's my last few hours with my best friends. I wanted a farewell dinner in Prague and chose a great steak house called Cowboys. I invited the people who impacted me the most while living abroad and that is Mylene and Sarka. Sarka unfortunately got the flu and stayed home sick and was not well to attend the dinner. However, she did get dressed to head to old town to take our group photo. When Mylene's Canadian friends came to visit, they gave her a crystal with a hologram of their faces in it that was in 3D! I totally wanted to do that with all three of us! There is a place in Old Town that makes it so before our Cowboys reservation, we went to the shop and got a 3D hologram picture taken of us. I LOVE IT and it is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I got both a key chain that lights up and a cube that lights up to put someplace special. I will miss these girls SO MUCH.
Mylene and I headed to the restaurant while Sarka went back to rest. We had an amazing outside view of Prague at night. We ordered my new acquired taste beef tar tar. If you don't know what it is, it is raw ground beef, raw egg on top, and spiced with onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sounds gross but it is extremely tasty. They give you a few slices of fried or toasted bread and you rub a garlic clove on it and bon appetite. It's delicious. As if we didn't get enough red meats, we ordered filet Mignon. Heavenly. Then we shared a chocolate cake. Hey it's my goodbye dinner and ever calorie was worth it. Mmm we rolled ourselves back to the apartment. I think we both weren't ready to say goodbye or acknowledge this is my last night. :(
The next morning, I woke up early and got ready for the airport with ALL my luggage. I had two HEAVY suitcases, one heavy backpack, one heavy large purse, and a small grocery bag with my fragile souvenirs.
I was all ready to go and got ready to hand Mylene my keys. I hadn't cried and was wondering if I would have. When I walked down stairs to hand Mylene my keys, we made eye contact and BOOM it hit both of us. I just broke down crying!!! We had our moment and tears rolled. I am so so so so sad to leave Mylene. Yes we will always be friends and I want her to be in my wedding and in my life but I won't be able to live with her again. I am so blessed (and I rarely say blessed) to have met her. She is a great friend who saw me at my high and was there for me at my lows. I have never had a friend stick by me the way she did and my trip most likely would not have been anything like it or even possible without her. Wah!
I then jumped into Sarka's bed who was still sick and miserable and gave her a big squeeze. She was like, "Grr..I will see you in USA since I'll be visiting me sister". True, I can see Sarka a lot easier knowing her sister lives in Denver! Sarka was also a great friend and we had so many memories. The best was when we partied with Jeremy Renner. Remember that blog?! MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 4 can't WAIT to see it. And our tennis lessons. Who can forget Alison Lavinova. I learned how to play on clay courts and I learned how to hit the ball with a top spin. Still can't play in a game but I need a tennis partner in San Diego to hopefully one day play a match and WIN! Sarka helped me understand the Czech culture and I loved her sense of humor and attitude. I will always remember our amazing vacation in Spain. That was one of my highlights of traveling and renting a car to Begur that was unforgettable. I will miss her too and she said she would be in my wedding and I promised her that the dress would be hot pink with puffy sleeves :) I think she was excited. Don't worry tho, I have something more important than thinking about a wedding...hello...kinda missing something....A DRESS duh! oye. But they both are WELCOME to San Diego whenever they want. If that day comes, watch out San Diego because we are taking over.
I love them so much and will miss them.
On the plane, I'm sure the teenage boy next to me thought I was a total wreck. I was so stressed from my goodbyes and ALL my luggage by myself. Of course I decided to wear heels which I would later regret. I made it through security and even an intense interrogation session before getting my boarding pass. But I made it to my flight and ready for my trip from Prague to Atlanta. As I sat in the plane waiting to depart, I saw the PRAHA sign out my window. I just lost it. SO OVERWHELMING and upsetting that it is over. From the places I've seen to the people I met, it's all over. The boy next to me offered me a scottish cookie and I sniffly said thank you. He didn't speak English but adorable that he knew a cookie would cheer me up. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment