Adventures

Friday, August 12, 2011

US of Alison

I'm back! I landed in Atlanta and had a great flight over sleeping for 6 hours in a 10 hour flight. Thank you Benedryl. I got my luggage and went through customs. It was great to speak English and have no awkward mixed signals. He said, "Welcome back!" and he's right...I'm back.
I found my connecting flight and had a few hours so I called my family to let them know I was America and things went well in my last flight. I was getting jet lagged and decided to get some food. So many choices that all looked amazing in the airport. But my stomach was a little off so I had a smoothie. I asked for a medium which was the size of a BIG GULP. I ordered a Peach Strawberry smoothie and it was jam packed with sugar! I forgot that in Europe they don't use as much salt and sugar in things. It was tasty tho. I boarded my flight and was on my way to San Diego. It was a great flight and I tried to sleep again but no luck. This part of the trip was always the hardest. A few hours later, I landed in San Diego. Called the family to come pick me up and was so thrilled to be back.
I walked towards the exit and I saw red, white, and blue balloons. I think I know who those are for! I later saw my Dad, Mom, and Megan holding GIANT signs saying, "WELCOME HOME ALISON" Wow! They saw me and were SO excited! A couple of girls came up to me before I went down to see them and they said, "Oh you are Alison, we were wondering who Alison was because your family was SO excited this whole time!" I laughed and was like, Yup that's my family! It was GREAT seeing everyone and I missed them so much. It was great also seeing Allan who graciously drove the car around since there is no more parking at the airport due to construction. I loved the moist salty air of San Diego and seeing the sky line made me feel like I was home.
It is great seeing friends and spending time with family but I still REALLY miss my life in Prague. I skype with Mylene often and talk to Sarka on facebook. I miss having my own place with great people to live with. Now I'm on the job hunt and ready for the next chapter in my life. I have no idea where my life will take me but I had no idea that I would live in Prague for a year. It was a dream I always had and now to accomplish more dreams of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment