Adventures

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter in Prague




I was a bit nervous that everything in Prague would close down on Easter;however, seeing all the tourists there was no way they would close on a day to make a lot of money. Everything was open and it was a bright and sunny day. We started our day by having coffee at a hip gay bar, oops sorry Allan. We then headed to Old Town Square where there was a large spring market full of tourists. We walked around and I explained the history of the square. We then went back to change because that evening we were going to a nice dinner at Cebulska Tabulka and see the ballet Cinderella. The dinner was delicious and ALL our meals were incredible. I got the heart attack dish...Pork tenderlion wrapped in bacon. Although my arteries suffered and it's not very Jewish of me, my stomach had a treat. Allan got a steak and Megan got chicken with risotto. It was a lovely dinner.
We then headed to the ballet Cinderella at the National Opera House. Our seats were superb although it was 2 together and 1. I, being the generous host I am, sat alone. Ok, fine, really because it was located in a top knotch booth. Megan and Allan sat straight across from me and they enjoyed their seats as well. The performance was ok. It wasn't as divine as Swan Lake but still enjoyable. It was a ballet with a Lady Gaga twist. Allan only fell asleep a few times but it was the only estrogen thing we made him do.

No comments:

Post a Comment