Adventures

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

VIP tour guide....ME

I wanted to make sure that Allan and Megan had an amazing time in Prague so I started it off right by taking them to Namesti Miru's Spring Market. While walking down to the market, a brilliant idea popped into my head. I wanted to show them that it's ok to drink in public here so we stopped in the market and I bought 3 chilled Czech beers. We arrived at the spring market where we walked around the little booths admiring the Czech goods. Earlier that week, I saw a man selling beautiful pictures of places in Prague. They were exactly what I was looking for to put up in my house one day to always remind me of my experience here.
It is Czech tradition that the day after Easter, men go around and hit (gently of course) women with braided twigs with colorful ribbons tied to the ends. The tradition goes that they are hitting you so that you are fertile while they sing a song. Megan and I purchased one as a souvenir.
We then headed to dinner at Cafe de Paris which was a place my mother and I went to twice. It was simple and delicious considering they were both Jet Lagged. I have to say I was very impressed how they dealt with jet lag. They are troopers. Although Megan bought a stencil drawing of Prague and the man asked for 400ck and Megan gave him 100 asking if that was enough. So cute....aw sorry megs had to put it in.
It was such a nice night, we decided to walk across the Charles Bridge and see Prague at night. Megan said it perfectly, "This is magical!" I even was shocked of how beautiful it was and how happy I was feeling. Prague is magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment