Adventures

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

VIP tours




The next day, we went to the Prague Castle. Allan brought his heavy duty Canon camera where he was in a photographers paradise. It was another beautiful day at the castle. We first climbed the 300+ stairs of the tower to get a 360 degree view of Prague. I did this climb with my mom and remember it was a lot of huffing and puffing.PHEW! But when we bought our ticket to climb to the top, they gave us a Easter egg ornament! The views from the tower are incredible and in fact, I even spotted and took a picture of my school from the view. If you look at my photos, there is a close up and that is my school! Look left. It is the yellow building on the top right!
After the morning work out, we came back down to see in just an hour how CRAZY busy it was. I had never seen so many tourists before. We were on our way to see the Cathedral but the line wrapped around the corner! WHAT?! I then remembered that at noon, the guards put on a show to switch all guards. I did this with my mother as well so I knew exactly where to go and where to line up. We had a great view of the ceremony and after headed to the Lobswice Palace for first lunch on the outside terrace and then the tour of the palace.
The Prague castle is not just one building. It's a bunch of palaces placed together and is very large. Lunch was great at the Lobswice Palace where we enjoyed a nice view overlooking Prague. Anyone who travels to Prague, I would recommend this restaurant.
After the castle, we did some souvenir shopping where Megan bought some postcards and a christmas ornament. Then off to the Smetana Museum. Smetana is the famous Czech composer who created the Vltava. It is basically the Czech Republics national anthem. If you heard it you would recognize it as it is famous all over the world. The museum was a bit dull but right outside of it was a restaurant overlooking the castle. So we sat outside and enjoyed that delicious local beer.
That night for dinner, I heard of a famous brewery called U Flecku which is a 500 year old brewery. We sat in the beer garden and immediately there was a dark beer placed in front of us. I particularly do not like dark beer but I have to admit this one was tasty. So tasty that we had 12 of them ;) tee hee. Also we ordered sausages with mustard, horseradish, and ketchup. It was the real deal as the meat was heavy but it tasted so good with beer. YUM. We then went to USUDU which is another old beer that used to be a wine cellar. You might think we had a lot of beer but there is no such thing here in the Czech Republic. Czechs are known to be huge beer drinkers and they love it. Like I said, being jet lagged and consuming as much beer as we did, they are troopers!

No comments:

Post a Comment