Adventures

Friday, July 1, 2011

Birthday Weekend in Amsterdam!






I spent my 25th birthday weekend in Amsterdam. I had a long three days of traveling Amsterdam and was planning on traveling alone (which I am more than comfortable with). However, I was surprised by my good friend Jen, who works at Parklane with me, would be coming too! Jen's birthday was June 16th and she was celebrating her 30th birthday. Her boyfriend, Andy, surprised her with two tickets for a weekend in Amsterdam. I was so thrilled that they would be coming on this adventure as well. We even stayed at the same hotel which worked out wonderfully.
I arrived Saturday morning and was shocked by cold rainy weather. I did not pack anything warm and luckily brought a fleece. I met up with Jen and Andy and we planned our day. We got a bite to eat and I had french fries with mayonnaise. I always thought that was a french thing to do but the Dutch LOVE french fries covered in mayo. After lunch, (a very healthy lunch ;) ) we headed to the Heineken Beer Factory. It was the coolest brewery as it felt like a ride at Disneyland but with beer. They showed the history of Heineken, how to brew a Heineken, and had tons of entertainment sections that were lots of fun. You could sing some karaoke, you can take a lesson on how to drink a beer, you can take a lesson on how to pour a beer, you can be a dj superstar, you can go on a ride that makes you be beer. It's a great time and at the end they give you two free Heineken beers. I had never been a fan of Heineken but when you get it from the source, the beer is delicious. Still, Czech beer is hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment