Adventures

Friday, July 1, 2011

Time flies





The saying is true, time flies when you are having fun. But I feel time just flies in general. For 2 years now I said, "Hm I should teach English in another country" and applying all over the world. It has been something I've wanted to do for a long time and I can say now I did it. I lived in Prague for one year and yesterday was my last day at work! It feels like yesterday that the day before my birthday (June 16) I went into the den and said to my mom, "So...I got a job...in Prague to teach English" and my Mom sat straight up and said, "You're going, you're doing it, let's go!" :)
I was very sad to say goodbye to my students. The parents gave me a goodbye present and they got me a BEAUTIFUL Swarovski necklace. It is just a surreal feeling that everything is now coming to an end. My routine is changed once again. I will miss Jen as my coworker but of course we will still keep in touch as friends. I learned a lot at this school as a teacher and life lessons as an adult. I will never forget my time at Parklane and living abroad in Prague.
I am starting to pack and as the minutes go by it hits me more and more that I will be home soon. I am very excited to move home and be with my family and friends again but I will miss the life I created over here in Prague. I will miss VERY VERY VERY much my roommates. Mylene is one of my closest friends and a true friend that I will ever have. We are traveling together for a week in Croatia and that will be a nice time to spend together before I leave for home. I keep trying to convince her to fly to San Diego and I know one day that will happen! I try to tell her how amazing the mexican food is so I think that will persuade her a little :) Sarka was also a great friend and I will miss taking tennis lessons together. I was VERY lucky to live where I lived and to have the roommates I did. I know if it was not for Sarka and Mylene, this experience would not be possible.
I also try to take in the sights that I see everyday. For instance, coming from the gym I take a tram across the bridge and have a stunning view of the castle. It just hits me every time how beautiful this place really is. I know I will have culture shock when I move back to San Diego but I will get back to the swing of things in a couple weeks. I am excited to see my dog Sophie again too! Lots of walks and trips to the beach to make up lost time! I can't wait to see you soon San Diego but very sad to leave Prague as well.

So as my final trip here in Europe, I decided to take a 3 week vacation to 3 places I have always wanted to go. First I am going to Florence Italy. I will see all the famous museums and take day trips out to Pisa and Siena. I then will head from Milan to Mykonos and Santorini for a week. And my last week I will meet Mylene in Croatia. We are staying in an apartment and have planned lots and lots. I CAN NOT WAIT for this vacation and will come back to San Diego blonder and tanner (so I am ready for California again).

Can't wait to tell you all about my vacation and my closure here in Prague. It's going to be GOOD :D

No comments:

Post a Comment