Adventures

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dubrovnik

One night, the family that owned the apartment wanted to thank us for staying a week and threw a bbq just for Mylene and I. It was at eight on the patio. There was so much food and beverages. For food, she made potatoes, salad, stuffed peppers, breads, and bbq meats. The meats were traditional sausages, hamburger, chicken, pork, and bacon (thick). For drinks they had homemade red wine which I must say was very good. They kept telling us to eat and eat and eat so for 2 hours I was stuffing my face and drinking all the wine. I rolled myself to bed I was so full. It was a wonderful evening and really interesting to learn about Croatian culture. Very nice people and a filling bbq.
The next few days we explored more beaches. Copa Cobana which is where the locals went. We bought hot pink blow up rafts and we floated around in the water all day (great investment). We went to our favorite beach where we went kayaking (although the waved were huge and no where to lie down without getting soaked). And on a rainy day we had, we hiked through Old City, getting lost, stumbling upon a bar in the cliff overlooking the ocean. That was great and funny to watch innocent tourists stand in the "Splash Zone" and get soaked by an on coming wave.
One night, Mylene and I went grocery shopping and we got seafood and pasta. Mylene is an amazing cook as you all know and she made cream based seafood pasta. It was absolutely delicious! It was a great evening just sitting on our patio, eating great homemade food and drinking red wine. We were totally relaxed and getting tan.
Sadly it was time to head back to Prague. How quickly a week can go by. Mylene left on Sunday and I left Monday from Split. It was nice to see Split for a day but nothing as special as Dubrovnik. Plus it was raining there all week so that would not have been so much fun.
I couldn't believe all the traveling I had done and that was my last hoorah before I moved back home. I had an amazing time from the cultures I experienced, to the people I had met, to the food I had eaten. I was truly blessed to have this opportunity and it will be something I will always have. It was a GREAT 3 week European vacation and now I'm packing up for my final stop...San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment