Adventures

Friday, July 1, 2011

Golden Birthday in Prague


Never in a million years would I have known that I would be celebrating my 25th birthday here in Prague and a birthday celebration in Amsterdam.
My birthday was on a Friday where I celebrated my birthday day with my students. They were very cute in being so excited for my special day. For my birthday treat at school, I brought Funfetti Cake I bought from America. The kids had never seen a cake like that and they absolutely loved it. Czech cakes and American cakes are very different. Czech cakes are very dry, less sweet, and traditionally covered in a berry thick jelly. It's not my favorite. So when I brought the Funfetti, the kids loved it because it was full of sugar! It was a great day at school.
That evening, I went to dinner with my two best friends here in Prague, Sarka and Mylene. They welcomed me home with a dirty martini and a huge box of chocolate. We sat and had a cocktail before heading out to my favorite restaurant here in Prague. The restaurant is a french restaurant called Cafe de Paris. I went there with my mother when she was here in August. We liked it so much, we went twice. They have a delicious steak covered in their Cafe de Paris special sauce with french fries that are better than McDonalds! It was the best evening I had in Prague and best way to end my birthday celebration with my roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment